BuyMeaBeer service launches at Corney & Barrow bars
LONDON – A new service that allows people to buy drinks for their friends, even when they are not in the pub with them launches in Corney & Barrow wine bars this week.
SMS drinks voucher service BuyMeaBeer.com, developed by mobile specialists Eagle Eye Technology, allows customers to buy family and friends a drink by logging on to the website and sending a voucher by entering the person's mobile number.
The voucher is then sent via SMS to the recipient who takes it into any of the participating Corney & Barrow bars to collect the pre-purchased drink.
People can buy their friends anything from a £3 bottle of beer to a £110 bottle of Dom Perignon if they are feeling particularly generous.
Stephen Rotherwell, director at Eagle Eye Technology, said: "BuyMeaBeer.com's service means you don't have to be in the same bar, town, city or even country to buy that thank-you drink. This new service is the latest development of mobile commerce and uses existing technology in a simple, but personal way."
The offer rolls out on September 23 at Corney & Barrow, Broadgate Circus, then across all 11 bars in London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)