Travel publisher using TTG brand on meetings title
SINGAPORE: Travel trade publisher TTG Asia Media is giving its main title a makeover and plans to extend the brand to its conference and incentive magazine in its 30th year of publishing in Asia.
TTG Asia unveiled a new look and direction in its September 17 issue, with the addition of more indepth features and statistics. "Readers are now getting their news from the internet so there is a need to reposition the print product," said TTG Asia Media MD Darren Ng. "Since 2002, the company has been sending out a daily news update to 19,000 subscribers via email."
Ng said the group chose to rebrand its conference and incentive title IMA as TTGmice from October, ahead of a planned revamp in January.
Ng said the company always had difficulty explaining IMA to the industry.
With the new name, it would ride on TTG's brand, and the title's relationship to the MICE (meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions) industry would be clearer. "We want to truly reflect IMA's heritage links to TTG and to reflect that the magazine will service the MICE industry."
A key industry player, Jim Papineau, marketing and sales director of Suntec City, said the new name did not fully reflect the industry's stature.
"With our 20 billion dollar a year industry, we could come up with a more eloquent acronym than MICE," he said.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)