Market leaders spell out industry future at BMRA summit
LONDON - Leaders from the six industry bodies of the market research industry are to outline their views on how they see the industry developing at a summit during the first day of the annual British Market Research Association conference next month.
All of the trade bodies will outline their vision for the future of the market research industry during the summit, which will take place at the beginning of the two-day Research Directions 2004 conference in Brighton on November 17-18.
The Association of Users of Research Agencies, the Market Research Society, the Business Intelligence Group, the Association for Qualitative Research, the Independent Consultants Group and the BRMA will all take part in the summit.
Issues high on the agenda are expected to include potential growth areas for the industry and the expansion of international working practices.
The second day of the conference is expected to focus on the issue of agency and client relationships.
Peter Hodgson, BMRA deputy chairman and chairman of the Conference Committee, said: "The Research Leaders' Summit is a unique event and the first of its kind ever. Research Directions 2004 promises to be the most stimulating event in this year's research calendar. I think BMRA is the only research organisation in Britain that could have got such an innovative programme together."
Prominent client-side speakers include Tom Kerr from Sainsbury's Bank; Marjolein van Nieuwkasteele from Philips; and Neil Munro from Lever Faberge UK.
The agency side will be see Dave Phillips, from Research International; Ben Kent, Lighthouse Global; and Sharon Hodgson from Ipsos UK.
There will also be a speech from marketing guru Dr Paul Fifield, director of The Fifield Organisation, speaking about "What clients really want".
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)