Greater China: Skandia in first pitch to take on rivals in China
BEIJING: Life insurance company Skandia-BSAM has launched its first advertising campaign in China following its January launch in Beijing.
Although Skandia, the JV's European partner, favours below-the-line for its marketing promotions, the company has opted for an above-the- line approach in China, where it is relatively unknown. It also uses a different business model than rivals, selling through banks and brokerages rather than agents.
"In other parts of the world they are well known with a long history," explained Andrew Lee, Greater China chairman for TBWA, the creative agency.
"They are unknown in China and what they are doing is very different to other insurance companies."
TBWA, which nabbed the business in a pitch against Hakuhodo and a local agency, initiated Skandia-BSAM's profile raising with outdoor ads on transport routes running through Beijing's financial district, the location of its sellers and future customers.
The outdoor ads will be followed with print and below-the-line work.
The ads, on buses, bus shelters and the MTR, convey various messages based on the idea that Skandia knows and looks after its customers, using the phrase 'your world' as a motif. "The theme is Skandia is the expert and guardian of your world," Lee explained.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)