Aardman's Wallace & Gromit sheep to get own BBC slot
LONDON - Shaun the Sheep, star of Wallace & Gromit's 'A Close Shave', is to get his own CBBC show, making him the first standalone animation commission for the corporation.
The new 40-part series is being made by Aardman Animations, the creators of 'Wallace & Gromit' and 'Chicken Run'.
Shaun will star alongside new characters, such as the rest of his flock and a group of naughty pigs.
A self-confessed Shaun the Sheep fan, CBBC controller Dorothy Prior said: "He is an adorable character with a big following, so this is a great oportunity to introduce him and his new friends to a wide audience of children and, no doubt, parents.
"This is an excellent creative partnership for CBBC and demonstrates our commitment to the UK animation industry."
'Shaun the Sheep' begins production at the end of the year, to be shown on CBBC in 2006.
'Wallace & Gromit' the feature film is currently in production, with plans to release it in cinemas in October 2005. Aardman Animations' debut feature film 'Chicken Run' made over $220m worldwide in 2000.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...