Public Relations: Skin-cancer label taps Ogilvy unit
SYDNEY: Parker & Partners, the public affairs arm of Ogilvy & Mather has been charged with launching Aldara, a skin-cancer treatment by 3M Pharmaceuticals. As well as promoting awareness of the product to mainstream media and specialist titles, Parker & Partners will be lobbying the Government to list the product on its pharmaceutical benefits scheme.
The prescription only cream, which must be recommended by a dermatologist or GP, works by prompting the body's own immune system to destroy the cancerous cells and experts say it could save about 50,000 Australians a year from painful surgical incisions.
"Australia has some pretty strong rules about promoting pharmaceuticals, but at P&P we have a deep understanding of the code of conduct. You can promote the educational benefits of the product and how patients can get more information about it, rather than promoting the product itself," said P&P managing director Andrew Parker.
The business was won in a pitch against a number of undisclosed agencies, with P&P launching the product to the media this month. Australia has the world's highest skin cancer rate, which means although there is genuine interest in the topic, it can be over-exposed.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)