Anderton ditches life on The Farm for ITV's I'm a Celeb
LONDON - Model Sophie Anderton is to jump ship from Five's reality show 'The Farm' to join ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', citing personal reasons.
Anderton, who starred in ads for Gossard bras in the 90s, is reportedly set to sign a deal to appear in the ITV show, which has boosted the careers and saved the reputations of numerous D-list celebrities including Tony Blackburn, Tara Palmer Tomkinson and Peter Andre.
The official line is that Anderton is leaving 'The Farm', which is being produced by for Five by 'Big Brother' maker Endemol, for "personal reasons", although insiders suggest that Anderton did not want to appear on two reality shows and was well aware that she would gain more exposure with ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity...'.
Other stars reported to be joining Anderton in the jungle, but yet to be confirmed, in November include 90s rapper Vanilla Ice, former children's TV presenter Timmy Mallet and 80s ice skaters Torvill and Dean.
It is understood that the Duchess of York has agreed to a deal in principle, if TV bosses are prepared to donate £250,000 to her favourite charity, Children in Crisis.
'The Farm', considered a rural version of 'I'm a Celebrity...', is currently being promoted with an ad campaign by TBWA\London.
Anderton hit the headlines earlier this year for her alleged cocaine addiction and turbulent relationship with Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich, who was sacked by Chelsea.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)