Anderton ditches life on The Farm for ITV's I'm a Celeb
LONDON - Model Sophie Anderton is to jump ship from Five's reality show 'The Farm' to join ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', citing personal reasons.
Anderton, who starred in ads for Gossard bras in the 90s, is reportedly set to sign a deal to appear in the ITV show, which has boosted the careers and saved the reputations of numerous D-list celebrities including Tony Blackburn, Tara Palmer Tomkinson and Peter Andre.
The official line is that Anderton is leaving 'The Farm', which is being produced by for Five by 'Big Brother' maker Endemol, for "personal reasons", although insiders suggest that Anderton did not want to appear on two reality shows and was well aware that she would gain more exposure with ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity...'.
Other stars reported to be joining Anderton in the jungle, but yet to be confirmed, in November include 90s rapper Vanilla Ice, former children's TV presenter Timmy Mallet and 80s ice skaters Torvill and Dean.
It is understood that the Duchess of York has agreed to a deal in principle, if TV bosses are prepared to donate £250,000 to her favourite charity, Children in Crisis.
'The Farm', considered a rural version of 'I'm a Celebrity...', is currently being promoted with an ad campaign by TBWA\London.
Anderton hit the headlines earlier this year for her alleged cocaine addiction and turbulent relationship with Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich, who was sacked by Chelsea.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London