Sugar and Rimmel tie up for fourth year of model search
LONDON - Sugar, Hachette Filipacchi's teen magazine, has signed a deal with cosmetics giant Rimmel London for the fourth year running as sponsor of the Sugar/Rimmel London model competition.
The 2005 competition is the magazine's 10th consecutive event and will begin during the half-term holidays in October, visiting shopping centres in seven major cities across the UK. The girls will compete nationwide to be the face of Sugar magazine.
Six finalists will be selected from every competition entry by the editor of Sugar and model agency Storm's founder, Sarah Doukas. The winner will be voted for by Sugar readers and will appear on the July 2005 issue, potentially receiving a modelling contract with Strom.
In addition, the winner will walk away with a trip to the US with £500 spending money where she will be photographed for a fashion and beauty feature to appear in Sugar.
The Sugar/Rimmel London model competition will be supported by a poster campaign in all participating shopping centres. Flyers will promote events in advance. The competition will also be promoted to all 50,000 members of Sugar's text club.
The roadshows will incorporate catwalk shows featuring models from Storm wearing leading teen fashion brands.
Sophie Lorge, marketing manager for Rimmel London, said: "The Sugar Rimmel London Model Competition 2005 is an excellent fit with our target consumer and generates enormous brand involvement and interest. It allows Rimmel London to sample in an original and unique environment while associating with a synergistic brand."
The 2005 Sugar Rimmel London Model Competition roadshows will be visiting shopping centres in Sunderland, Glasgow, Northern Ireand, Essex, Norwich, Wolverhampton and Sheffield throughout October.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England