BT signs two-year partnership with unbeatable Arsenal
LONDON - BT has signed a two-year marketing partnership with the seemingly unbeatable Arsenal Football Club, which will see it become Arsenal's official ISP as well as gaining direct access to the club's fanbase.
Under the terms of the partnership, members of the club's official membership scheme The Arsenal, will be eligible for special offers on BT Yahoo! internet products during the term of the agreement.
At the weekend, Arsenal beat Manchester City 1-0 to take the club's unbeaten run to 47 games.
BT Yahoo! internet CDs will be available at the club stores in Finsbury Park and Highbury to enable Arsenal fans to get high-speed broadband, as well as value-added services such as free email addresses, parental controls and security filters, which come as standard with BT Yahoo! internet.
Online banner advertising for BT Yahoo! will run on Arsenal.com, and 30-second BT ads will play on the two "Jumbrotron" screens at Highbury before matches and at half time, with full-page colour ads running in match day programmes.
Adrian Ford, commercial director at Arsenal FC, said: "Giving our supporters a choice in how they interact with the club is very important.
"By providing them with access to a wide range of BT Yahoo! internet packages, Arsenal fans and Arsenal members will be able to read the most up-to-date football news and views via the web, as well as be able to communicate with other fans online."
BT announced earlier this year that was to ditch BTopenworld for its business brand. Its business broadband product is now known as BT Business Broadband, as is the BTopenworld business portal. BT insists its Openworld consumer brand will continue to operate, despite the launch of the BT Yahoo! joint venture last summer.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall