East 17 bad boy and model girlfriend set for I'm a Celeb
LONDON - Controversial former East 17 singer Brian Harvey, who was dropped from the band after condoning drug use, and his model girlfriend Emma B are the latest stars lined up to feature in ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!'.
The couple will join eight other so-called celebrities including Olympic ice-skating champions Torvill and Dean, former 'Eastenders' star Sid Owen, ex-Steps singer Lisa Scott-Lee, 70s page-three girl Jilly Johnson and former kids TV presenter Timmy Mallett.
Last week, model Sophie Anderton jumped ship from Five's reality show 'The Farm' to join 'I'm a Celebrity'.
Harvey, who was kicked out of the 90s boyband best known for its hit 'Stay Now', after he claimed he took nine ecstacy tablets in one night.
ITV will be hoping that signing the couple as a pair will lead to some saucy on-screen moments after the sparks from the show earlier this year between glamour model Jordan and singer Peter Andre.
Joining Harvey and company is one-hit-wonder Chesney Hawkes, who sang 'The One and Only', and disgraced football pundit Ron Atkinson, whose racist football slur cost him his job, complete the line-up.
The new series is due to air for two weeks in November this year. The last series averaged audiences well over the 10m mark and saw TV presenter Kerry McFadden crowned Queen of the Jungle.
Previous winners include cricketer Phil Tufnell and DJ Tony Blackburn.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London