Google and Multimap join to deliver targeted online ads
LONDON - Internet search engine Google has teamed up with Multimap.com to deliver geographically relevant local ad campaigns.
The ads will be targeted at an audience who are looking at visiting one of the UK's main cities via the online mapping company's website.
The deal will allow Google to deliver eight sponsored links, which will appear on side of the map informing users of local hotels, restaurants and places to visit.
Sean Phelan, founder and chairman of Multimap, said: "Local advertising is the next big thing in online advertising and it's great that a major search engine of the calibre of Google has recognised that targeting customers on the basis of place is just as valuable as doing so by content."
If the deal takes off then Multimap is planning to make the service even more localised and give its users the opportunity to find out about more specific information, such as local takeaway offers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham