Google and Multimap join to deliver targeted online ads
LONDON - Internet search engine Google has teamed up with Multimap.com to deliver geographically relevant local ad campaigns.
The ads will be targeted at an audience who are looking at visiting one of the UK's main cities via the online mapping company's website.
The deal will allow Google to deliver eight sponsored links, which will appear on side of the map informing users of local hotels, restaurants and places to visit.
Sean Phelan, founder and chairman of Multimap, said: "Local advertising is the next big thing in online advertising and it's great that a major search engine of the calibre of Google has recognised that targeting customers on the basis of place is just as valuable as doing so by content."
If the deal takes off then Multimap is planning to make the service even more localised and give its users the opportunity to find out about more specific information, such as local takeaway offers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1