Playtex picks recovering Leslie Ash to front ad campaign
LONDON - Leslie Ash, the former 'Men Behaving Badly' star and focus of much negative recent tabloid publicity, is the face of the new advertising campaign for the Playtex range of underwear, Just My Style.
Ash, who has been the subject of speculation suggesting she was the victim of domestic violence after an incident involving her husband Lee Chapman, will feature in the advertising push throughout the Christmas period until the end of the year.
The 44-year-old star was admitted to hospital in April with broken ribs and a collapsed lung -- injuries she claimed she sustained through "energetic sex" with her husband, the former Leeds United footballer Chapman.
Her troubles did not end there. While in hospital she contracted the hospital bug MSSA, which left her partially paralysed. She is still on crutches and having physiotherapy.
Playtex marketing manager Therese Gilligan said that the mother-of-two, who was also the subject of much press attention following cosmetic surgery on her lips, was perfect for the advertising campaign.
"On the one hand, she is an aspirational, beautiful and confident celebrity with a hugely successful acting career.
"On the other hand, as a mum who has been through difficult times she is very accessible and easy for women across the UK to identify with."
The mother of two said she was shocked when offered the Playtex job. She said: "My reaction was, 'Don't be silly'. You don't get many 44-year-olds prancing around in their bras. But then I thought: 'Why not?'"
"The Playtex Just My Style job gave me something to work for. I am fit and I feel really good."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London