Lateral develops site for Five's Milkshake kids' TV strand
LONDON - Five has launched a dedicated micro-site for its children's programming strand Milkshake, aimed specifically at pre-school children and their parents.
The site, created by digital agency Lateral, was developed after research and analysis by the broadcaster's agency into the most effective navigational systems for young children with small, often un-coordinated hands.
Images are as important as words on the website, which aims to create a fun and educational experience for children, featuring games, competitions and messages directly relating to programmes, such as 'Hi-5', 'Monkey Makes' and 'Bear in the Big Blue House', on Milkshake.
Sam Collett, lead designer on the project at Lateral, said: "One of the key criteria for the new site was the increased usage of movement and sound."
The agency has created a dual navigation system to cater for Flash and non-Flash users.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)