Acxiom launches Personicx consumer segmentation tool
LONDON - Acxiom, the data services company, is launching a new consumer segmentation system Personicx, which classifies UK households and postcodes according to their demographic, lifestyle and behavioural profile.
It will optimise segmentation on genuine consumer behaviour and betters the company's existing segmentation system, PriZM.
It will be available in two versions. Personicx will segment UK households into one of 52 clusters, whereas Personicx Geo will segment UK postcodes into one of 60 clusters. The 2001 Census statistics will also play a key part in developing Personicx Geo, taking advantage of the recently published "travel-to-work" and "residential migration" statistics.
Dawn Orr, data group leader at Acxiom, said: "Personicx is our most predictive segmentation solution to date, benefiting from the massive data resource Acxiom now has following the purchase of Claritas and Consodata, and the enormous lifestyle databases we own."
She added: "While Personicx maintains the powerful lifestage/affluence descriptions which PriZM provided, it groups people together based on a wide range of behavioural variables, so clusters are based on much more than age, income and tenure."
Personicx will be launched at the London Stock Exchange today.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)