Acxiom launches Personicx consumer segmentation tool
LONDON - Acxiom, the data services company, is launching a new consumer segmentation system Personicx, which classifies UK households and postcodes according to their demographic, lifestyle and behavioural profile.
It will optimise segmentation on genuine consumer behaviour and betters the company's existing segmentation system, PriZM.
It will be available in two versions. Personicx will segment UK households into one of 52 clusters, whereas Personicx Geo will segment UK postcodes into one of 60 clusters. The 2001 Census statistics will also play a key part in developing Personicx Geo, taking advantage of the recently published "travel-to-work" and "residential migration" statistics.
Dawn Orr, data group leader at Acxiom, said: "Personicx is our most predictive segmentation solution to date, benefiting from the massive data resource Acxiom now has following the purchase of Claritas and Consodata, and the enormous lifestyle databases we own."
She added: "While Personicx maintains the powerful lifestage/affluence descriptions which PriZM provided, it groups people together based on a wide range of behavioural variables, so clusters are based on much more than age, income and tenure."
Personicx will be launched at the London Stock Exchange today.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)