Manning Gottlieb parts with Wright as Nunn is promoted
LONDON - Manning Gottlieb OMD has parted company with managing director Alison Wright, who is to leave the agency, as Phil Nunn, director of digital and direct, is promoted to joint managing partner alongside Robert Ffitch and Neil Hurman.
It is understood that Wright, who joined Manning Gottlieb in 1999, leaves without a job to go to.
She was promoted from the agency's deputy managing director to managing director in 2002 to replace Matt James. Prior to Manning Gottlieb, Wright worked at a number of creative agencies, including HHCL.
The management changes have been instigated by Nick Manning, chief executive of the OMD group, as he reviews the future shape of the management team over the next five years.
It follows a restructure instigated by Manning at the beginning of the year, when he took over from Paul Taylor as managing director of the OMD group to encourage greater collaboration between the two OMD UK operations -- Manning Gottlieb and OMD. He was formerly chief executive of Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Nunn joined Manning Gottlieb OMD in 2003 as director of digital and direct. He was previously at Optimedia where he rose to head of direct marketing. He started his career at the BBC on the Radio Times and went on to work with BBC Direct.
Board directors assisting the managing partners include: strategic communications director Jon Gittings; director of metrics Sally Dickerson; press director Mark Gallagher; broadcast director Bijan White; managing director of strategic spin-off M2M Peter Thomson; and board account directors Ron Mudge and Stephen Hall.
Manning said: "As a result of the outstanding contribution that Phil has made to the agency since joining last year, I am delighted to give him a significant role in its future direction.
"In the immediate term, the agency will be led by Robert, Neil and Phil and I will help them determine the future direction and strategy for MG OMD. Meanwhile, I'd like to thank Alison for the contribution she has made to the agency."
The changes also see Ffitch join the OMD group board.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)