Sky broadens marketing reach in deal with Classic FM
LONDON - Sky has signed a deal with Classic FM as part of a wider campaign to get consumers to reappraise the brand, marking its first sponsorship with the radio station.
Sky will sponsor 'Drivetime with Mark Forrest' for three months from today. During each show, Sky will receive 10 sponsorship credits lasting 10 seconds each, and a 40-second advertorial. Trails will also be played through the week across Classic FM.
The six-figure deal was negotiated by Classic FM media partnerships executive Lydia Arrowsmith and Sky's head of promotions Bob Suppiah.
BSkyB marketing director Charles Ponsonby said: "With this targeted marketing activity, we aim to stimulate a reappraisal of Sky's content by Classic FM listeners."
BSkyB recently launched a marketing campaign to encourage consumers to reconsider the Sky brand and the range of content available to combat slowing subscriber growth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury