Sky broadens marketing reach in deal with Classic FM
LONDON - Sky has signed a deal with Classic FM as part of a wider campaign to get consumers to reappraise the brand, marking its first sponsorship with the radio station.
Sky will sponsor 'Drivetime with Mark Forrest' for three months from today. During each show, Sky will receive 10 sponsorship credits lasting 10 seconds each, and a 40-second advertorial. Trails will also be played through the week across Classic FM.
The six-figure deal was negotiated by Classic FM media partnerships executive Lydia Arrowsmith and Sky's head of promotions Bob Suppiah.
BSkyB marketing director Charles Ponsonby said: "With this targeted marketing activity, we aim to stimulate a reappraisal of Sky's content by Classic FM listeners."
BSkyB recently launched a marketing campaign to encourage consumers to reconsider the Sky brand and the range of content available to combat slowing subscriber growth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)