ECC and Brodeur merge to form European agency Pleon
LONDON - Germany's largest PR agency ECC is to merge with Brodeur's European communications operations in the UK, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands to become Pleon, the second largest communications agency in Europe.
The agency aims to fill a gap in the market that has emerged from the set-up of national and global networks, leaving room for European specialists, especially with the EU now having 25 member countries.
Pleon will provide strategic marketing and communications and has 680 employees in 23 offices in nine European markets. All the Eastern European and Scandinavian markets will be covered by national agency partners.
As part of the deal, ECC Kohtes Klewes in Germany and Belgium, ECC Publico in Austria and Hungary, and Brodeur Communications will also be merged with Pleon.
Rainer Zimmerman, chief executive of Pleon, said: "The creation of Pleon from the merger of Brodeur and ECC combines strength and depth in key disciplines, such as public relations and public affairs, with an unrivalled European footprint."
Alex Scheop, president of Pleon, said: "Becoming truly European players with a global reach will be the mission-critical question for companies."
The launch of Pleon is supported by new research, 'Business Agenda of Europe's Top 100 Companies', which shows that European managers put a new focus on Europe with the majority planning to increase investment.
Telecoms giant Nortel, which recently selected Brodeur after a nine-way pitch, said the agency's network in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Benelux countries were instrumental its selection.
Brodeur Worldwide is part of the Omnicom Group and operates from more than 70 offices in 50 countries around the world.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East