Burger King launches The Office-inspired ad campaign
LONDON - 'The Office' is the inspiration behind the latest Burger King campaign, highlighting the fact that people can order the Whopper in more than a thousand different ways.
Created by Delaney Lund Knox Warren, the new campaign is themed around the "You're the Boss" strapline.
The campaign has been filmed in the US, featuring a cast who will reappear in campaigns over the next year. The characters include: Michelle, the babe; Ethan, the office clown; and geeky Gabe.
As the team gather for lunch and are handed their burgers, Ethan already has someone else's Whopper in his mouth. He just could not wait for his own.
An argument breaks out as Gabe asks for his Whopper back and says: "Why don't you just take my wife?" "OK, she's hot," comes the reply.
The spot ends with Ethan saying firmly: "Give me back my Whopper... and my wife... obviously."
Paul Reynish, marketing director of Burger King, said: "The ads were design to make you laugh but also make you hungry -- and get everyone talking about 'You're the Boss'."
The campaign breaks this week. Delaney Lund Knox Warren retained the Burger King account after a pitch against Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Ogilvy & Mather in August. It was behind Burger King's "Got the urge" strapline.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)