Mediaedge:cia picks up Weight Watchers European task
LONDON - Weight Watchers has consolidated its £9m European media planning and buying account into Mediaedge:cia following a four-way pitch.
The agency won the business after a shootout against ZenithOptimedia, Carat and Universal McCann in a pitch handled by the AAR.
Weight Watchers said it wanted to consolidate its media account into one agency following a creative review for continental Europe, which resulted in the appointment of Publicis and FCB.
The review involves 11 European countries, excluding the UK, which continues to be run as a separate company called Weight Watchers UK, with media handled by Carat.
Weight Watchers has recently faced competition from rival weight loss programmes such as the Atkins Diet and the Zone diet. Its international arm has recently launched its TurnAround programme, a new approach to weight loss that incorporates the traditional Weight Watchers points programme with a new method called the Core Plan. The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, is spokeswoman for the brand in the US.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)