Muller Light urges Bridget Jones moment in new push
LONDON - Muller Light is urging customers to 'have a Bridget Jones moment' with the launch of a multimillion-pound integrated campaign and licensing deal to coincide with the sequel to 'Bridget Jones's Diary' in November.
Consumers purchasing a pot of Muller Light will be invited to text the best before date on the lid to receive a Bridget Jones dilemma from the nation's favourite singleton to respond to. Entries can also be made through a dedicated microsite.
The instant-win promotion, devised by Catalyst Marketing, offers prizes ranging from luxury holidays in Thailand, bottles of champagne, cases of chardonnay, indulgent chocolates and free cinema tickets. The promotion will be supported via TV ads, bus sides and press advertising.
The promotion will run on 65m pots of Muller Light across supermarkets and convenience stores from October to December 2004 to coincide with the film's release in November. It will be supported via TV ads, bus sides and press advertising.
Austen Donnellan, group account director at Catalyst, said: "We wanted to bring some added excitement and interest to the Muller Light brand. The key to doing this was to link Muller Light with a property that has an established consumer base and a personality that our target audience can relate to -- 'Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason' -- is an ideal partner."
'Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason' continues on from the first film with Bridget, played by Renee Zellweger, left in the arms of lawyer Mark Darcy, played by Colin Firth. However, she has to tackle tiny jealousies such as the long-legged, drop-dead, "I-always-say-the-right-thing-at-all-times" intern working with Darcy. Hugh Grant also returns in the sequel as Daniel Cleaver, who was her boss at a publishing company in the first film.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)