Natmags weekly Reveal to compete with Emap's Closer
LONDON – The National Magazine Company is launching a new women's weekly, Reveal, to compete with Emap's Closer which has successfully mixed entertainment news and gossip with real-life stories.
The glossy title is set to appeal to women of all ages and will retail on newsstands with a coverprice of £1.
Closer, launched in 2002 off the back of sister Emap celebrity magazine Heat, was the star performer in the last set of ABC's for the celebrity market.
Its circulation rocketed by 24.70% to 480,187 copies and the title was up a whopping 43.50% year on year.
Clemmow Hornby Inge won the ad account for the launch of Reveal, which is tipped to be backed by a £10m marketing spend, following a three-way pitch involving Fallon and HHCL/Red Cell.
Reveal is the second UK venture to be part of the new National Magazine partnership with the Australian Consolidated Press after Best magazine.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England