Harry Enfield directs spoof adult movie for Virgin Atlantic
NEW YORK - Virgin Atlantic is promoting its new double beds in Upper Class with an advertising campaign directed by Harry Enfield that is too racy to be shown on terrestrial television.
The ad, part of a wider campaign by Miami hotshop Crispin Porter + Bogusky, is only being shown in selected hotels in the US.
It features characters including Miles High, Big Ben and Summer Turbulence, and is a porn-film spoof, partly inspired by the Austin Powers movies.
Virgin Atlantic said that the campaign is very tongue-in-cheek, but that it does not feature nudity nor swearing. There are no plans to show it outside its current platform of hotel rooms, targeting business travellers.
Enfield has worked with Crispin Porter + Bogusky before, creating an internet-only ad campaign for Burger King that spoofed the self-help industry.
The campaign backs the launch of the first "double suites" in Upper Class -- beds that can be joined together to give a couple two square metres of space. Reports say that Virgin does not mind what the beds are used for, just as long as passengers do not disturb other people on the flight.
Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Atlantic, said: "It has been one of my long-held ambitions to have double beds on board our aircraft and now, once again, we are leading the way in product innovation on board our aircraft."
In the UK, the service is being promoted with an ad campaign by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R showing frumpy people waking up to be incredibly glamorous after a good night's sleep.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...