Esprit showcases new line in Vertical Catwalk exhibition
ASIA-PACIFIC: Fashion label Esprit is showcasing its autumn/winter sports collection through a vertical catwalk stunt, with models abseiling down landmark buildings in regional capitals.
The feat - coming after adidas' 'Vertical Sprint' in Asia during the Olympics - was created by Munich-based Actionmarketing and Events, which used the concept for Esprit's flagship store opening in Germany in 2000.
While 'Vertical Sprint' reprised the Olympics' glamour event with sprinters 'running' up buildings in Hong Kong and Osaka, the Espirt shows will feature nine performers, recruited from Europe, descending buildings choreographed to music. 'Vertical Catwalk' will run in Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
The first event took place in Taipei at a mall of the still uncompleted 101 Tower, and generated front-page coverage in the city's dailies as well as a live TV broadcast.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)