Esprit showcases new line in Vertical Catwalk exhibition
ASIA-PACIFIC: Fashion label Esprit is showcasing its autumn/winter sports collection through a vertical catwalk stunt, with models abseiling down landmark buildings in regional capitals.
The feat - coming after adidas' 'Vertical Sprint' in Asia during the Olympics - was created by Munich-based Actionmarketing and Events, which used the concept for Esprit's flagship store opening in Germany in 2000.
While 'Vertical Sprint' reprised the Olympics' glamour event with sprinters 'running' up buildings in Hong Kong and Osaka, the Espirt shows will feature nine performers, recruited from Europe, descending buildings choreographed to music. 'Vertical Catwalk' will run in Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
The first event took place in Taipei at a mall of the still uncompleted 101 Tower, and generated front-page coverage in the city's dailies as well as a live TV broadcast.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire