Branding: S T Dupont shows off new HK face
HONG KONG: French clothing and accessories label ST Dupont is making a pitch for younger male consumers as part of a drive to rejuvenate its conservative image.
Kicking off in Hong Kong, the upscale brand has added a new, 'younger' line of apparel and accessories to its range of traditional classics and re-designed its logo.
The new product offering has been introduced across most major categories it carries, including its flagship range of lighters, to help the brand sharpen its focus on the 30- to 40-year age target.
The ready-to-wear line by designer Jason Basmajian is said to be more contemporary and slim-fitting, while a new series of monogram bags features a 'D' trademark for the first time.
In, the logo, the curls at the end of the ST Dupont scripted letters have been shortened for a cleaner, younger look.
ST Dupont Marketing's managing director Jessie Lau said the rebranding targeted a new generation of male consumers with high spending power.
As part of the rebranding, the Hong Kong store in the upscale Landmark development has been given a makeover. Featuring the same design concept as ST Dupont's Paris outlet, the Hong Kong store incorporates stainless steel and light-coloured materials in place of its previous dark wood tone.
Hong Kong is the first market in Asia where the brand has rolled out its new look.
The overhaul will be supported by a print campaign in late October in Hong Kong and China, where ST Dupont is due to open a Shanghai store.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)