UK games publisher to sponsor Sky's Battlestar Galactica
LONDON - Digital Jesters, the new British games publisher, is to make its first foray into broadcast sponsorship, after signing a deal with Sky that will see its forthcoming title 'The Moment of Silence' become sponsor of Sky One's 'Battlestar Galactica'.
'The Moment of Silence' will sponsor the worldwide premiere of the new 13-episode series from Monday October 18, and includes sponsorship of the mini-series.
Digital Jesters' new sci-fi political thriller 'The Moment of Silence' is a cinematic adventure game set in a futuristic version of New York City. It is to be promoted via a series of opening and closing credits, break bumpers and branding on all promos across Sky's wholly owned channels. Creative will be produced in-house by Sky Creative Agency. The deal was negotiated by Mark Gibson from Badge Media.
Leo Zullo, marketing director of Digital Jesters, said: "With its lavish production values, a complex sci-fi storyline and brilliant action sequences, 'The Moment of Silence' is the perfect game to sit either side of such a breathtaking TV show.
"Just as 'The Moment of Silence' breaks new ground for adventure games, so 'Battlestar Galactica' redefines television science fiction. As this is our first-ever TV sponsorship deal, we needed to pick the right vehicle, and 'Battlestar Galactica' hits exactly the audience we're aiming for."
'Battlestar Galactica' is a complete re-imagining of the original 1970s hit. The new series picks up where the mini-series finished with the 12 colonies of man destroyed after a 100-year war with the Cylon Empire.
It stars Mary McDonell as President Roslin and Edward James Olmos as Commander Adama. There have been a few changes, Starbuck is now a woman, but the mission, to find the mythical planet Earth, remains the same.
'The Moment of Silence' game will be released on November 5.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)