One quarter of companies spending more on online ads
LONDON - Online advertising grew in popularity more than any other media in the third quarter of 2004, as a quarter of companies revealed they spent more online than the quarter before.
According to the third-quarter 2004 Bellwether Report, a quarterly survey of marketing budgets published on behalf of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising, only 6% of companies reported a decline in their online marketing budget.
Meanwhile, although one in four companies do not use the internet for marketing, the number allocating more than 10% of their marketing spend to the web rose to 10%.
The Bellwether Report found in its last study that 3% of ad revenues went online in 2003, surpassing the industry's own target of 2% by autumn 2004, as set by the Interactive Advertising Bureau.
John Owen, IPA Digital Marketing Group chairman and planning director of agency Dare Digital, said: "The growth of online marketing shows no signs of abating. If anything, the pace of that growth is getting faster as clients see the results for themselves. It's particularly interesting that a record number of advertisers are now allocating 10% or more of their total budget to the internet."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London