Mother to handle US launch of Coke's new energy drink
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola is taking on energy drinks such as Red Bull with a beverage, Full Throttle, to be launched in the US in January, backed by advertising created by Mother.
According to reports, Mother, which works on several Coke brands in the UK, will handle the creative account for Full Throttle from its New York office. The campaign will run on print and outdoor, as well as radio.
Full Throttle is to be aimed at 20- to 30-year-old males, and will be lightly carbonated and citrus flavoured, with herbal extracts such as ginseng and guarana, as well as caffeine, taurine and vitamin B.
Coca-Cola already has an energy drink in the US called KMX, but it widely seen as having been a disappointment in terms of sales. The market is estimated to be worth around $1bn (£558m).
Mother has created campaigns for Coke Classic including the "I wish" spot, originally made for the UK market but also shown in the US.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London