Mother to handle US launch of Coke's new energy drink
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola is taking on energy drinks such as Red Bull with a beverage, Full Throttle, to be launched in the US in January, backed by advertising created by Mother.
According to reports, Mother, which works on several Coke brands in the UK, will handle the creative account for Full Throttle from its New York office. The campaign will run on print and outdoor, as well as radio.
Full Throttle is to be aimed at 20- to 30-year-old males, and will be lightly carbonated and citrus flavoured, with herbal extracts such as ginseng and guarana, as well as caffeine, taurine and vitamin B.
Coca-Cola already has an energy drink in the US called KMX, but it widely seen as having been a disappointment in terms of sales. The market is estimated to be worth around $1bn (£558m).
Mother has created campaigns for Coke Classic including the "I wish" spot, originally made for the UK market but also shown in the US.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Web Analyst / Optimisation Manager EMR £52000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London