Unilever hands JWT £20m pan-European Knorr account
LONDON - J Walter Thompson has won new business worth £20m following Unilever Bestfoods' decision to consolidate its pan-European advertising account for savoury food brand Knorr into the agency.
The account, which will be entirely with JWT from January 1, is currently split between it and DDB London. JWT has added 18 countries, including the UK, France and Russia, to the eight it already handles.
A JWT spokeswoman estimated that the UK business would be worth between £4m and £7m, and the agency also handles the brand in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
A spokeswoman for the company said: "Knorr is Unilever Bestfoods' largest single global brand and we now handle 80% of the Knorr business around the world."
DDB will continue to handle Knorr across North America, the Middle East, Africa and Australasia.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London