Unilever hands JWT £20m pan-European Knorr account
LONDON - J Walter Thompson has won new business worth £20m following Unilever Bestfoods' decision to consolidate its pan-European advertising account for savoury food brand Knorr into the agency.
The account, which will be entirely with JWT from January 1, is currently split between it and DDB London. JWT has added 18 countries, including the UK, France and Russia, to the eight it already handles.
A JWT spokeswoman estimated that the UK business would be worth between £4m and £7m, and the agency also handles the brand in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
A spokeswoman for the company said: "Knorr is Unilever Bestfoods' largest single global brand and we now handle 80% of the Knorr business around the world."
DDB will continue to handle Knorr across North America, the Middle East, Africa and Australasia.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London