Unilever hands JWT £20m pan-European Knorr account
LONDON - J Walter Thompson has won new business worth £20m following Unilever Bestfoods' decision to consolidate its pan-European advertising account for savoury food brand Knorr into the agency.
The account, which will be entirely with JWT from January 1, is currently split between it and DDB London. JWT has added 18 countries, including the UK, France and Russia, to the eight it already handles.
A JWT spokeswoman estimated that the UK business would be worth between £4m and £7m, and the agency also handles the brand in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
A spokeswoman for the company said: "Knorr is Unilever Bestfoods' largest single global brand and we now handle 80% of the Knorr business around the world."
DDB will continue to handle Knorr across North America, the Middle East, Africa and Australasia.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London