Vice magazine plans pub brand extension in Shoreditch
LONDON - Vice, the free style magazine, is considering brand extensions including a branded pub, as it celebrates its second anniversary.
Vice UK distributes 70,000 copies and forecasts that it will make £400,000 in profit this year and an anticipated £1m next year. It is currently in discussions about opening the first Vice pub in Shoreditch, a UK record label and, in the long term, a chain of hotels.
Having expanded into Scandinavia last month, Vice Media is lining up further European markets to enter. It currently publishes Vice magazine in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, the UK and Scandinavia.
Vice magazine was originally started in Canada 10 years ago this December.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)