Vice magazine plans pub brand extension in Shoreditch
LONDON - Vice, the free style magazine, is considering brand extensions including a branded pub, as it celebrates its second anniversary.
Vice UK distributes 70,000 copies and forecasts that it will make £400,000 in profit this year and an anticipated £1m next year. It is currently in discussions about opening the first Vice pub in Shoreditch, a UK record label and, in the long term, a chain of hotels.
Having expanded into Scandinavia last month, Vice Media is lining up further European markets to enter. It currently publishes Vice magazine in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, the UK and Scandinavia.
Vice magazine was originally started in Canada 10 years ago this December.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)