Vice magazine plans pub brand extension in Shoreditch
LONDON - Vice, the free style magazine, is considering brand extensions including a branded pub, as it celebrates its second anniversary.
Vice UK distributes 70,000 copies and forecasts that it will make £400,000 in profit this year and an anticipated £1m next year. It is currently in discussions about opening the first Vice pub in Shoreditch, a UK record label and, in the long term, a chain of hotels.
Having expanded into Scandinavia last month, Vice Media is lining up further European markets to enter. It currently publishes Vice magazine in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, the UK and Scandinavia.
Vice magazine was originally started in Canada 10 years ago this December.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager AF Selection £23,000 - £28,000 DOE , East Midlands Region
- Production / Traffic Manager - Print / Packaging Network Career Consultants £38000 - £43000 per annum, Wiltshire