Jerry Hall follows Ivana Trump with own dating show
LONDON - A dating game in which 15 eligible bachelors battle it out for the affections of former model turned actress Jerry Hall is among a raft of programmes unveiled by VH1 in the US.
Called 'Kept', the 10-episode series debuts next spring and features the former Mrs Mick Jagger whittling down 15 prospective romeos to one with the help of family and friends.
By starring in the show, Hall is set to follow in the footsteps of another former model, Ivana Trump, who is to star in her own reality dating gameshow on Fox TV, called 'Ivana Man'. The ex-wife of business tycoon Donald Trump will help single and successful older women choose from eight young men.
Other new series scheduled by VH1 include the pairing of actress Brigitte Nielsen and Flavor Flav for 'Strange Love', which screens in January.
Also scheduled for January is 'Remaking', in which icons of yesteryear get a 90-day makeover to propel them "back to centre stage", according to a statement from VH1. First up is former lead singer of Motley Crue, Vince Neil.
VH1 is also to screen an eight-episode US version of Granada's 'Celebrity Fit Club' in January. Those taking part include Joe Gannascoli, who plays Vito in 'The Sopranos'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)