BT subsidiary O2 awards regional brief to Starcom
SINGAPORE: British Telecom subsidiary O2 has handed its regional media brief to Starcom, which secured the expanded remit without a pitch.
The award allows Starcom to build on the Singapore brief, which it won in a shootout against MindShare last year. "There was no media pitch when the business turned regional as O2 was comfortable and happy with the team here," said Starcom's director, brand strategy, Hueichern Lee. "This is an expansion of our role as O2 grows."
The account is expected to bill in excess of US$2 million. O2's product portfolio includes PDA-phones and smart phones.
Starcom will manage its regional strategy, planning and buying media for brand and product campaigns out of the Singapore regional headquarters, working with local Starcom offices for in-market buys. The assignment covers Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Singapore.
Lee said: "In addition to providing the 'regular' media planning and buying services, our scope of service also includes regional creative management (RCM). This is essentially a creative service, which we offer to pan-regional clients such as Sun Microsystems and Oracle."
RCM involves managing the localisation process for creative to ensure consistency in strategy and messaging.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Stopgap £35000 per annum, South East England
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)