Greater China: HK fashion chain seeks to inspire with card revamp
HONG KONG: Citibank and Hong Kong-based youth fashion chain I.T. are sharpening the branding of their joint credit card to better connect with the city's 20 to 35-year old segment. The relaunch is supported by television spots, featuring food for thought from five international fashion designers to drive home the new 'I. T. is Inspiration' brand platform.
Local shop Communion W created the campaign, with creative director Joel Chu saying the aim was to ensure that the brand was speaking to its target audience in the right language. "Carrying a fashion card means more than just buying (expensive outfits)," said Chu. "Those who like the image of the card may see it as a representation of themselves."
The five TV spots feature quotes from Helmut Lang, Tsumori Chisato, Hussein Chalayan, Raf Simmons and Jean Touitou, whose lines are stocked at I.T. stores.
The Raf Simmon's spot, for instance, features an accessory that is at once beautiful, yet also ugly in line with his belief that "things are beautiful and ugly at the same time". Said Chu: "None of these quotes talk about fashion trends; rather they reveal the designers' beliefs and attitudes. The quotes are meant to be inspirational."
MEC handled media buying for the campaign, with the TVCs running on cable TV, a local cinema chain and on giant LED screens at two retail hubs.
The co-branded card - first launched as a private label card in 1998 - is estimated to have more than 100,000 cardholders. New applicants will receive a DVD of the TV spots as a welcome gift.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)