Intelligent Marketing to make sun shine with solar gadget
LONDON - Intelligent Marketing plans an integrated campaign for the launch of the Solio solar-powered, pocket-size battery charger, seeking to play on its environmentally friendly aspect and desirability to gadget owners.
Intelligent Marketing will use PR, direct marketing, packaging, point of sale and digital media to reach both retailers and consumers.
Created by Better Energy Systems, Solio is the world's smallest solar charger with a fully integrated internal battery. It has three solar blades that swivel on a central boss to gather the sun's rays. When not in use, the three blades close to create a smooth, organic-looking pod the size of a mobile phone.
Solio's interchangeable tip system allows a wide range of gadgets such as mobile phones, PDAs or iPods to be charged at the same rate as a wall charger, but without the need to be near a power source and carry electric chargers and adapters.
It is due to go on sale in the first week of November at Selfridges, Micro Anvika, Field & Trek and the iPod World website.
Uwern Jong, director of Intelligent Marketing said: "Solio is a revolutionary product sure to make heads turn in the mobile electronics market.
"Our approach is to communicate both lifestyle and environmental benefits to a complex market place through an integrated campaign and quickly build a momentum of interest in the product."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits , London (North), London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)