Greater China: Step Max targets kids in subs drive for Daily 7 and 10
HONG KONG: Two newspapers for young children have launched a subscription drive, with its publishers describing the papers as a tool to improve children's literacy.
Daily7, for ages five to seven, and Daily10, for the seven to 10 set, are available by subscription six days and consist of four pages of short articles on issues from around the region, with illustrations, maps, educational quiz questions and games, and vocabulary lists. They aim to target both Chinese children as well as kids with English as their first language.
"At primary level, there is a need to be exposed to a variety of different reading opportunities and this is one such opportunity which will interest children, entertain them and educate them all at once," said Sarah Leventhorpe, publisher, Step Max.
Priced at HK$5 (about 40 US cents) for one individual copy and subscriptions available for $360 for three months or $975 for one school year, the newspapers will be distributed directly to children's homes. Prior to the launch, 1,500 subscribers had signed up and the target subscription base is 6,000.
Lower subscription prices will be offered for schools due to bulk delivery.
Newly-formed company Step Max was founded by three media professionals, Christine Brendle, Sarah Leventhorpe and Junri Konii Egerton.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England