Greater China: Step Max targets kids in subs drive for Daily 7 and 10
HONG KONG: Two newspapers for young children have launched a subscription drive, with its publishers describing the papers as a tool to improve children's literacy.
Daily7, for ages five to seven, and Daily10, for the seven to 10 set, are available by subscription six days and consist of four pages of short articles on issues from around the region, with illustrations, maps, educational quiz questions and games, and vocabulary lists. They aim to target both Chinese children as well as kids with English as their first language.
"At primary level, there is a need to be exposed to a variety of different reading opportunities and this is one such opportunity which will interest children, entertain them and educate them all at once," said Sarah Leventhorpe, publisher, Step Max.
Priced at HK$5 (about 40 US cents) for one individual copy and subscriptions available for $360 for three months or $975 for one school year, the newspapers will be distributed directly to children's homes. Prior to the launch, 1,500 subscribers had signed up and the target subscription base is 6,000.
Lower subscription prices will be offered for schools due to bulk delivery.
Newly-formed company Step Max was founded by three media professionals, Christine Brendle, Sarah Leventhorpe and Junri Konii Egerton.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester