Public Relations: 2 minutes with ... Maxim Singapore
Dylan Tan, Editor, Maxim Singapore
Why launch Maxim Singapore?
Why not? With the recent spate of mobile phone 'incidents' - camera-phone owners getting bashed up because they're perving at other people's girlfriends, secretly taking snapshots - guys who want a magazine with great photography should leave it to the experts - us! Photographing girls can be hazardous, so don't try it on your own.
What can the magazine offer to readers and advertisers?
Great photography, useful information about what's happening around town, general men's interest features and an all-round good read served up with loads of humour.
What features will excite PROs?
Features that have got blatant product placements? We're still learning from Hollywood ... Excuse me while I put down my can of Coke Light and answer my Nokia phone.
How can PROs help?
Send expensive gifts, not just press releases. A signed blank cheque made out in the editor's name has proven effective for some ... Can't speak for myself, of course.
How is your publication different from other lads' mags in Singapore?
We're about 87 per cent funnier than all of them. If they want to dispute this figure, they know how to reach me. And they better have proof because we came up with the 87 per cent figure first.
Deadline: 15th of every month
Contact: (65) 9690 1708
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London