ASA unveils new logo ahead of one-stop shop relaunch
LONDON – The Advertising Standards Authority has unveiled its new brand identity, developed by Columns Design, ahead of its relaunch as the one-stop shop for ad complaints on November 1, when it will take over Ofcom's broadcast remit.
The new design by Columns retains the ASA red tick but has been redesigned to work in animated format on screen as well as static in print.
The new one-stop shop will enable consumers to access two parallel systems for regulating broadcast and non-broadcast advertising.
From November 1, the ASA will be accountable to Ofcom for its effectiveness in regulating broadcast advertising and will be able to refer any uncooperative broadcaster to Ofcom for further action.
Ofcom has no remit on the ASA's non-broadcast activity.
The ASA will be funded by advertisers, via levies on display advertising and broadcast airtime.
Lord Borrie QC, chairman of the ASA, said: "There can be little doubt of the need for a one-stop shop. To date this year, the ASA has received over 5,600 complaints about TV or radio ads -- complaints about which we have been able to do nothing.
"The forthcoming launch of the new ASA will dismantle the regulatory hurdles that consumers have always had to navigate simply to lodge a complaint."
As part of the new one-stop shop, the ASA council has been enlarged to a panel of 15, with two separate judging panels of 12, judging broadcast and non-broadcast complaints.
The ASA has handled self-regulation for non-broadcast advertising for more than 40 years.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- UX Manager Creative Recruitment £64000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design & Production Assistant Creative Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Hertfordshire