Emap to invest £16m in new weekly women's title Grazia
LONDON - Emap confirmed this morning that it will launch the UK's first weekly glossy women's title, Grazia, in spring 2005 backed by £16m investment and a 150,000 circulation target.
Emap signed a deal earlier this month with Italian publisher Mondadori Group to publish the title in the UK, which will be based on Italy's oldest women's title.
In Italy, the title has a weekly circulation of 245,000, consisting of mainly upmarket 25- to 34-year-old women.
Emap will be hoping that the title can do the same in the UK. It is likely to be followed by rivals, sparking a similar battle to that which has emerged in the men's weekly sector.
In the men's market, Emap fought it out with IPC Media, pitting Zoo against Nuts. Those two titles each projected initial circulations of 150,000, but quickly exceeded that, with IPC's Nuts hitting 290,337 and Emap's Zoo trailing on 200,125.
Paul Keenan, chief executive of Emap Consumer Media, said: "From spring 2005 women won't have to wait a whole month for their glossy fix. For those who need to know what's hot right now in fashion and life in general, Grazia will be both gorgeous and compelling.
"In today's culture, when immediacy is demanded and value for time desired, Grazia will be the most modern glossy in Britain."
Emap says that Grazia will offer advertisers a glossy, paid-for package with strong reach and frequency.
Emap Consumer Media has appointed acting managing director of Emap Elan, David Davies, as managing director, and former editor of Elle and Company, Fiona McIntosh, as editor-in-chief. Abby Carvosso has been named publisher, Anne-Marie Lavan head of marketing and Helen Lederer as business director.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)