Can-top advertising medium makes its debut in the US
NEW YORK - Advercan, a new advertising medium, is to launch in the US, in a move that will see advertising added to the top of cans, as well as the sides, for the first time.
The label, which can be used for any soft drink or beer brand, allows advertisers to print a message on both sides and keep the top of the can clean from the factory to the shop floor. The ad is carried in a protective seal and sits on top of the can.
The advertising medium debuts at this week's Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, where Coca-Cola cans will be sporting the new label.
So far, Advercan has been in talks with computer giant Microsoft about developing labels for MSN's new "Switcher Campaign" and US supermarket chain Wal-Mart for its Sam's Choice brand of beverages.
Advercan is also contacting US packaged goods companies, professional sports teams and leagues and the ad agencies that serve them.
"Advertisers are always looking for ways to reach consumers with unique new messaging," Kenny McClintock, Advercan's co-founder said. "This label double delivers: It promotes the advertisers and creates a cleaner can."
Advercan has been in development for five years.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London