Walters returns as an elf for Asda Christmas campaign
LONDON - Asda's Christmas TV campaign breaks this Friday with Julie Walters returning to promote the supermarket chain's seasonal savings by appearing as an elf popping in and out of an advent calendar.
Walters also appeared in Asda's 2003 Christmas campaign. According to creative agency Publicis, using Walters ensures a "special merriment" that gives the campaign a very different feel to the usual work for the retailer. However, the Asda price promise remains the centre of the campaign.
In this campaign, Walters is seen chatting to Father Christmas on her mobile, extolling the virtues of Asda's latest product offering alongside the retailer's continued low price, high quality promise. As she opens doors in the giant advent calendar, each new door reveals a new festive saving and a "Christmas full of low price surprises" message.
The campaign was written and art directed by Andy Wakefield, creative director at Publicis, and directed by David Evans and Ian Giles through Annex Films. Media planning and buying was through Carat.
Wakefield said: "By popular demand, Julie Walters returns to brighten up our Christmas with a whole host of elf jokes."
Chris Pilling, marketing director at Asda, said: "Asda is streets ahead in providing quality products and food at low prices, illustrating to our customers that you don't have to pay a fortune to live and eat well, especially at Christmas."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)