Hachette poaches NatMags' Long for sales director role
LONDON – Hachette Filipacchi UK has appointed Tony Long, publisher of Good Housekeeping, as director of sales to oversee the company's portfolio of nine magazines, including Elle, Sugar and Inside Soap.
Long is to leave his current position as publisher of the National Magazine Company's Good Housekeeping magazine to join Hachette's UK operation, which is in its second year of business. He will report to Hachette chairman Kevin Hand.
Long has spent 20 years in magazine and newspaper sales. His experience in womens' titles includes three years as advertising manager of Cosmopolitan from 1986-89. He then became associated publisher of GQ, where he was also responsible for launching the first issues of GQ Active, and subsequently became publisher of Men's Health.
Announcing the appointment, Hand said: "Tony brings to Hachette Filipacchi UK exceptional commercial experience in magazine publishing and is perfectly placed to lead Hachette's very talented sales team."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire