Redbus launches outdoor company targeting students
LONDON – UK media company Redbus Outdoor has launched Xsites, a nationwide illuminated six-sheet network targeting 18- to 24-year-old students, and has already secured its first major campaign with Sony Ericsson.
Xsites has excusive long-term agreements with UK universities including Birmingham, Bristol, Durham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Southampton among others, to advertise to its student population via outdoor six-sheet posters on campuses.
As well as securing the Sony Ericsson deal through Mediadge:cia, Xsites has also booked KPMG and United International Pictures through Posterscope for 2004.
Redbus also has an exclusive arrangement with the National Union of Students and can advertise on NUS university union sites.
Antony Ceravolo, director of corporate at Redbus, said: "We saw a gap in the 18-24 outdoor offering and see this network as providing a premium platform to advertisers looking to access the youth market in a low-wastage and captive environment."
Redbus Outdoor is a subsidiary of Redbus, the UK-based media and entertainment company that owns Redbus Filmed Entertainment, which was behind films such as 'Bend it like Beckham'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)