Interpublic wins €20m Tommy Hilfiger pan-Euro media
LONDON – Interpublic Group agencies Initiative and Brand Connection have won the €20m (£13.8m) pan-European media account for clothing and fragrance brand Tommy Hilfiger, after partnering for the pitch against incumbent ZenithOptimedia.
The account, including media planning and buying, media strategy, research, analysis and consumer insight, will be handled by Initiative's international team based in Paris and BrandConnection in the Netherlands.
Initiative Paris will serve as the lead office for Southern Europe and will be responsible for central media buying, coordination, reporting and strategy development.
The Paris offices will be supported by local offices in the UK, Ireland, Spain and Italy.
BrandConnection Netherlands is to act as the central hub for Northern Europe, supported by Germany and local offices in Belgium, Scandinavia, Austria and Switzerland.
Avery Baker, senior vice-president of marketing and communications at Tommy Hilfiger, said: "The newly developed media structure will ensure an innovative media approach, reflecting the company's plans for future growth in Europe: to support, solidify and further improve the positioning of Tommy Hilfiger to be the most desired American premium lifestyle brand in Europe.
"We are pleased to welcome Initiative and Brand Connection as our new partners."
In October, Tommy Hilfiger launched new fragrance True Star, backed by a TV advertising campaign featuring the pop star Beyonce Knowles. In the ad, the singer performs a special a capella version of 'Wishing on a Star'.
The Tommy Hilfiger Europe account spans 13 markets including the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Denmark and Sweden.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury