People can give the gift of goats in new CAFOD drive
LONDON - CAFOD, the Catholic aid agency, is launching a World Gifts catalogue, containing eight gift ideas -- such as goats, water, vegetable seeds and education -- conceived to benefit people living in poverty in the developing world.
The range of gifts has been chosen to include prices from £10 to £180. Recipients are asked to purchase their World Gift by calling an orderline, visiting the CAFOD website, or returning a reply form.
Following their order, they will be sent a pack including a certificate, gift card and further information to pass on to their chosen recipient, which tells them all about how the gift is benefiting people living in poverty.
CAFOD's direct agency DMS is sending the mailing to 100,000 people, including CAFOD donors and some cold lists. It is supporting the catalogue with press ads and inserts in a variety of Catholic and non-Catholic publications towards the end of November. Another 500,000 copies of the catalogue will be distributed via inserts and third-party product dispatches.
Damian Conlin, direct marketing officer at CAFOD, said: "The World Gifts catalogue is a new approach for us. Rather than asking people for straightforward donations we are hoping to obtain a share of their Christmas gift money in return for an unusual and rewarding gift."
Tanya Hornsey, senior account manager at DMS, said: "The creative has impact and the gift choices are appealing to a variety of audiences, which is important because the catalogue will be tested through different channels -- mail, press, online, insert and third-party product dispatches -- to new and existing audiences."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London