People can give the gift of goats in new CAFOD drive
LONDON - CAFOD, the Catholic aid agency, is launching a World Gifts catalogue, containing eight gift ideas -- such as goats, water, vegetable seeds and education -- conceived to benefit people living in poverty in the developing world.
The range of gifts has been chosen to include prices from £10 to £180. Recipients are asked to purchase their World Gift by calling an orderline, visiting the CAFOD website, or returning a reply form.
Following their order, they will be sent a pack including a certificate, gift card and further information to pass on to their chosen recipient, which tells them all about how the gift is benefiting people living in poverty.
CAFOD's direct agency DMS is sending the mailing to 100,000 people, including CAFOD donors and some cold lists. It is supporting the catalogue with press ads and inserts in a variety of Catholic and non-Catholic publications towards the end of November. Another 500,000 copies of the catalogue will be distributed via inserts and third-party product dispatches.
Damian Conlin, direct marketing officer at CAFOD, said: "The World Gifts catalogue is a new approach for us. Rather than asking people for straightforward donations we are hoping to obtain a share of their Christmas gift money in return for an unusual and rewarding gift."
Tanya Hornsey, senior account manager at DMS, said: "The creative has impact and the gift choices are appealing to a variety of audiences, which is important because the catalogue will be tested through different channels -- mail, press, online, insert and third-party product dispatches -- to new and existing audiences."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Category Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £33000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, Manchester