Use of online surveys and data collection to increase
LONDON – The online market research sector in Europe and North America is set to rise, according to a recent survey.
The survey by online data and market research specialist Ciao and called the 'Ciao Online Research Barometer' involved interviews with 260 market researchers both sides of the Atlantic who use online research.
This found 87% expected their use of online to increase for the six months from when the survey was carried out in July and August this year. It was also found a third expected their use of online to "greatly increase".
Nicholas Metzke, senior vice-president of Ciao Survey Solutions, said: "We undertook this extensive survey in order to be able to understand the global market context. The message is clear -- online data collection is booming."
Other findings are online research is used by 73% of respondents for satisfaction studies, 71% for usage and attitude studies and 68% for concept tests.
The Ciao survey also found 80% of respondents used online for consumer goods research, compared to just 40% for business to business work.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London