Use of online surveys and data collection to increase
LONDON – The online market research sector in Europe and North America is set to rise, according to a recent survey.
The survey by online data and market research specialist Ciao and called the 'Ciao Online Research Barometer' involved interviews with 260 market researchers both sides of the Atlantic who use online research.
This found 87% expected their use of online to increase for the six months from when the survey was carried out in July and August this year. It was also found a third expected their use of online to "greatly increase".
Nicholas Metzke, senior vice-president of Ciao Survey Solutions, said: "We undertook this extensive survey in order to be able to understand the global market context. The message is clear -- online data collection is booming."
Other findings are online research is used by 73% of respondents for satisfaction studies, 71% for usage and attitude studies and 68% for concept tests.
The Ciao survey also found 80% of respondents used online for consumer goods research, compared to just 40% for business to business work.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire
- Digital Fundraising Analyst PFJ £34000.00 - £41500.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)