D-listers line up for next series of ITV's I'm a Celebrity...
LONDON – With only two weeks to go to until the fourth series of ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', speculation has been hotting up about the celebrities set to join, including ex-East 17 rapper Brian Harvey and model Sophie Anderton.
According to a report in The Sun, definites already include bad boy Harvey, who was sacked by East 17 after admitting to taking nine ecstacy tablets in one night; model and former cocaine addict Sophie Anderton; comedian Joe Pasquale; Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrell; and 70s singer Sheila Ferguson from The Three Degrees.
Other "stars" that may make it into the final 12 include: Olympic ice-skating champions Torvill and Dean; Kylie Minogue's ex-boyfriend James Gooding; former All Saints singer Natalie Appleton; former 'EastEnders' star Sid Owen; former Steps singer Lisa Scott-Lee; and 1970s Page Three girl Jilly Johnson.
Harvey's girlfriend Emma B is allegedly the wild card contestant and may be brought in half-way through the show to spice things up.
Footballer Paul Gascoigne and former Spice girl Mel B have been reported as potential contestants but are unlikely to make the final line-up.
The typical fee stars are paid is £50,000, although glamour model Jordan managed to negotiate a payment of £100,000 last time.
The audience for the last series of 'I'm a Celebrity', which screened at the beginning of this year, drew a record peak audience of 16m in the final, making the celebrity D-list show the most successful to date.
Former Sex Pistol John Lydon's appearance on the show was the highlight of the series. Regulator Ofcom received 91 complaints after a display of profanities, including a "fucking c**ts" outburst. However, the star walked out of the series before the end.
Former Atomic Kitten Kerry McFadden eventually won the show, beating former BBC royal correspondent Jennie Bond, former pop star Peter Andre and glamour model Jordan.
Previous winners were radio DJ Tony Blackburn and cricketer Phil Tufnell.
An ITV spokeswoman declined to comment on the line-up, which is supposed to be kept a secret till all the contestants arrive in Australia to start filming the series.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)