Megaposter erects giant banner at contested London site
LONDON - Megaposter UK has landed its first banner on the Fulham Broadway in London for Sony Ericsson after winning planning consent, following an appeal to the Planning Inspectorate against the initial decision of Hammersmith & Fulham council.
The banner is one of three Megaposters in London for the Sony Ericsson S700 mobile phone.
Megaposter is spearheading a national campaign for the model, with two other sites in London, in Shoreditch High St and on the Cochrane theatre in Holborn. There will also be banners, and standard roadside and ambient media in other major cities across the UK.
The campaign, which targets "young urbanites", will run throughout November and aims to raise awareness and make the S700 the "must-have" product for this Christmas, because of its high-resolution picture imaging.
The banner shows the phone from both sides, with the strapline, "Life's more interesting in detail."
The media agency for the campaign is Mediaedge:cia and the poster specialist is Portland.
Ian Bohn, sales and marketing director of Megaposter UK, said: "We know that the key to bringing more advertisers to banners, and so developing the medium, is to get the best locations on a regular basis. We are delighted to have won this key location on appeal."
Megaposter, the third largest banner company, was bought by BlowUP Media last week. BlowUP claims it now accounts for around two-thirds of the banner market.
Megaposter's managing director Keith Talbot continues in his position and will report to BlowUP's managing director Malcolm Brasseur.
Brasseur said: "By combining forces, we will be able to accelerate planned developments in our service levels and enhance the breadth and quality of our site portfolio."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)