Hachette poaches In Style associate publisher for Sugar
LONDON - Hachette Filipacchi UK had poached IPC Media's Caroline Evans, associate publisher of Marie Claire, In Style, Woman & Home, Family Circle and Essentials, to become publisher of Sugar magazine.
The appointment takes effect from early December, a month after the hiring of Annabel Brog as editor of Sugar.
Hachette has scheduled a relaunch of the title for spring 2005 and Evans will report to Hachette's UK general manager Julie Harris.
Harris said: "As longstanding market leader in the teen sector, Sugar is a very important title for Hachette UK and with a new top team of Caroline and our new editor, Annabel Brog, in place, we intend to grow our business significantly in 2005."
Evans worked her way up through sales positions at Dennis and Emap before becoming product manager for Q, Mojo, Empire and Premiere magazines.
She then joined magazine distributor Comag, where she was promoted to group account manager. In 1998, she was appointed circulation manager for Gruner+Jahr and, two years later, she become assistant publisher at Future Publishing across its portfolio of nine technology magazines and websites.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)