Greater China: Local HK agency tapped to polish HKCEC collateral
HONG KONG: The Hong Convention and Exhibition Centre has tapped local shop Fluid to revamp its promotional collateral, ahead of the opening of a rival facility.
Fluid, which handled the design of the HKCEC's twice yearly newsletter, won the assignment following a six-way shootout.
The 16-year-old HKCEC will face a new challenger when the AsiaWorld-Expo opens in SkyCity, near Chek Lap Kok airport.
Gloria Fong, HKCEC's communications executive, said the facility wanted to bolster its image as Hong Kong's flagship events and exhibition centre to an international audience.
Fong said more than 3,000 copies of the newsletter would be distributed to potential exhibition clients at home and abroad, Chambers of Commerce and foreign offices of Hong Kong's Trade Development Council.
"We want to produce professional newsletters (as) foreign companies and associations rely on the newsletter to know what's happening in Hong Kong, and the foreign media has been reprinting our stories."
Fong declined to comment on the threat of new competition, but insisted that the HKCEC was seeking to emphasise Hong Kong's international flavour, having previously positioned the SAR as the gateway to China.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- DIGITAL PROJECT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £50K-£60K+bonus & benefits / £260++day rate., London
- Event Co-ordinator Stopgap £24000 per annum + Benefits, London