Guardian promotes Taylor to commercial director role
LONDON – Guardian Newspapers has restructured the senior management of its advertising team, giving a more strategic position to Stuart Taylor and making three other promotions.
Taylor, who is currently advertisement director, will take on the new role of commercial director and with it the responsibility for getting the advertising community to buy into the upcoming format changes of The Guardian and The Observer.
He will also lead strategic activity around the development of future revenue stream, in particular the second phase of implementation for The Guardian's recruitment advertising.
The shake-up sees the heads of display, recruitment and online all promoted, taking account of the extra operational and management responsibilities transferred to them from Taylor. All three will operate at the same level of seniority and report directly to Taylor.
Helen Bird, currently head of Guardian Recruitment Solutions, is promoted to general manager. Chris Pelekanou, currently head of display advertising, and Adam Freeman, head of commercial development for Guardian Unlimited, are promoted to the role of deputy advertisement director. Freeman will retain his joint report to Simon Waldman for the development of Guardian Unlimited revenues.
Carolyn McCall, chief executive of Guardian Newspapers, said: "Stuart has been an outstanding advertisement director. This new position will play a critical role in the commercial success of GNL as we prepare for significant changes for our newspapers. We have a formidable team in the ad department with real depth."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)