BBC to screen boxing sensation Khan's return to ring
LONDON – The BBC is to show Amir Khan's first competitive fight since he won Silver at the Olympic Games live when he boxes for England against the US on December 3.
BBC Two will carry live coverage of Khan's performance in a special half-hour programme beginning at 7.00pm.
This will be followed by a full highlights programme the same evening on BBC One from 11.35pm to 1.05am.
The fight will take place in Liverpool as the lightweight champion captains the national team against the US.
Liverpool won out against competition from London, which is hosting the first leg, for the fight.
The Bolton teenager will go up against American lightweight Vincente Escobedo, who fared poorly in Athens.
Khan recently confirmed he plans to stay amateur for the immediate future, after he was inundated with offers tempting him to turn professional. He expected shortly to sign a deal with Amateur Boxing Association, which could be worth as much as £70,000, up from an original lower offer closer to £30,000.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)